This high school senior scholarship is a post-secondary partial scholarship program for children of employees of Kentucky radio and television stations. KBA will annually award fourteen (14) scholarships of fifteen hundred dollars ($1,500) each to qualified sons and daughters of employees of Kentucky broadcast stations.
The scholarships will be used to assist the student in the payment of tuition, fees, books, and room and board. KBA's Eduction Committee will review each application and will award the scholarships based on the following criteria:
- One of the student’s parents must be either: (a) a full-time employee of a station on the date of the application deadline, or; (b) a part-time employee of a station on the date of the application deadline and has been employed as a part-time employee at the Kentucky station for a period of one year prior to the application deadline.
- The student must attend full-time a college, university, vocational school, institute of technology, or academy that awards academic degrees or professional certifications.
- There is no minimum GPA requirement to apply. However, preference will be shown to students who demonstrate good scholastic ability.
- Extracurricular activities (clubs, athletics, church, community service, part-time employment, etc.) will be considered in evaluating each applicant.
- Preference will be given to students with financial need.
- Scholarships may be awarded for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs.
- Scholarships are made on an annual basis and are non-renewable.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 1, 2022
Oops. This form is no longer accepting responses
We're sorry but this form/survey is no longer accepting responses. If you have questions or believe this is an error, please contact us.
Kentucky Broadcasters Association
101 Enterprise Drive, Frankfort, KY